Half Day Mandarin/Bilingual
Trial Class Available!
- Curriculum is a balance between building Chinese language skills (listening, speaking, writing and reading) as well as developing children’s interest and confidence in using the Chinese language in a day-to-day context.
- Theme-based learning activities where themes are relevant and close to preschoolers’ lives, making learning more meaningful and deep.
- Active participation in language activities like show and tell, story-telling, dramatization, songs, Chinese folk songs and folk tales, Chinese idioms (成语）and poetry (唐诗)
- Hands-on activities like art & craft, object exploration, group projects and learning through movement
- Learning of Mandarin Phonics (Hanyu Pinyin 汉语拼音)
- Recognition of Pinyin characters, in addition to Chinese characters
- Learn to read using Hanyu Pinyin, spell or write with Hanyu Pinyin, and write characters through dictation.
- Chinese Speech & Drama techniques, learn Mandarin in a lively, active and ‘dramatic’ way.
- Learn accurate pronunciation and proper articulation of Chinese words, and how to communicate clearly and purposefully. Public speaking, presentation and oral expression skills.
- Developing proper phrasing and sentencing
- Learning of Chinese characters and practicing characters strokes writing
- Body-Brain Kinesiology activities to stimulate physical and cognitive development
- No prior knowledge of Mandarin is required
- No parental involvement and socks are required
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Small class size
- Option to enroll for 1, 2 days per week. No prior knowledge of Mandarin is required